Friday, September 26, 2014

Youth duck hunt opening morning

Brad has been so excited about this hunt. He was out of bed at o'dark thirty without a fuss. He has been with Randy and Nate a few times but this was his first time hunting. The white boys were there too which made it even more fun. 



Sunrise couldn't come fast enough.



His first hunt was a success. Randy said the boys shot 160 shells all together and brought home 13 ducks...makes me laugh...that is a lot of shots. 



I love that pure happy grin. 


He was so excited to come home and show H and the girls. He also shot a pigeon...I wasn't sure what to think about that. Boys...I don't get it. Brad helped Randy breast out the ducks and with a TON of convincing they talked me into cooking it. 


My dad used to bring home duck and I hated eating it!!! Gross. It was hard for me to stomach the thought of eating duck. Steven cooked his last year and he promised me that if I treated it like a steak and not chicken then I would like it. I did a ton of online recipe searches and decided to go for it. I'm not going to lie...that first bite about killed me. Thank goodness I was pleasantly surprised. It really does taste like steak when cooked just right. Plus I had a pile of A-1. (Sorry dad...I love you but I hate the way you cook duck) I wouldn't go out and buy duck but I think I can tolerate it once a year when duck season rolls around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment