Thursday, September 25, 2014

I missed out on a good ride...



Last Monday right after I got off a night shift I was feeling kinda crummy. I went to the dentist that morning still not feeling very good. Near the end of my appointment I got really sick to my stomach. I raced home as fast as I could just in time. I was SOOOO sick. The kind of stomach flu where you crawl to the bathroom and then crawl back into bed. I had a fever, my body ached, and even my skin hurt. For 2 days I was miserable. H was sick too with a high fever so we just laid in bed together.  

That night we had planned on going on a buggy ride for FHE. There was no way I could go so Randy took the kids by himself. They went to Willard Peak. They could see the Great Salt Lake. Randy said the view was breathtaking and that these pics don't do it justice. 





Jason took his kids too so they got to hang out with Maddie, Zade and Tiger. 

Once I was feeling a tad better I had tons of peaches to bottle. I couldn't let them wait another day or they would have been way too ripe. I was sick but plowed through it as best as I could. I would bottle for 10-15 minutes then have to go lay down. It took me all day just to get a few bottles done. 

Luckily my mom had the week off so she agreed to come and help me do my canning. She stayed from Wednesday night to Saturday night. 


The first day she was there we rocked it. We bottled peaches and tomatoes, made sourdough start and bread, and made super yummy garden veggie soup. We also drank a case of Diet Dr. Pepper. The next few days she helped me make and bottle tomatillo salsa, and make a ton of freezer jam. I am so lucky to have such an amazing mom!!!

On Friday we wanted to go to Paige's softball game. She was playing at USU. Then we wanted to go to dinner with Alison and Dillon. Unfortunately H was still really sick. He was on day five of high fever and I couldn't get him to drink or eat. Friday morning he woke up really lethargic and he just laid there limp. I was quite worried about him. I took him to Dr. Brown and he sent us to Logan Regional Hospital for a work up. He was so sad and so sick. I felt so bad. 


He just laid there so sad and sick. Once he got a fluid bolus he perked up and got better. 


After a few hours and another fluid bolus he was happy and finally eating and drinking. It was cute to watch him eat the crackers. He ate a ton. He hadn't eaten all week so he had to make up for it. 

We got home late so we decided to get some Firehouse takeout and red a red-box movie. We were pooped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment