Friday, November 22, 2013

Claire's Birthday Week

Claire's Birthday week started off with lunch in Salt Lake. We were in SLC for the boys checkups so we called Grandma Moose and went out to lunch to celebrate. 




We went to wingers and the popcorn was a huge hit. 


Growing up my mom was always showing us the food in her mouth. My siblings do it to each other all the time. I don't know why. It is weird but it will never change. 


Even Harrison needed to show me his food. 


The waitress brought Claire the biggest piece of asphalt pie I have ever seen. I think it was half of the pie. 


The kids dove into it like vultures and it was gone in no time.  

Wednesday was Claire's birthday. I woke her up and wished her a happy 6th birthday. She jumped into my arms and smiled. Then she got a straight and serious face and felt her arms and legs and said "Mom...I know I am just six but my body feels like I am 7!". Claire cracks me up she is always trying to be bigger, older and more mature than she should be for her age. 


For Birthday breakfast she requested chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes. 


 (The crown she put on herself. She is a self proclaimed princess)


After school Randy and I took her to birthday lunch. She wanted mac and cheese for lunch so she picked Noodles and Company. 


Selfies with mom...




Claire is so fun to be around. She is goofy and full of life. 

Since Noodles and Company doesn't have any good birthaday treats we took her to Temptation Cupcakes.


She picked Cookies and Cream


She tried to protect her cupcake from Dad who was collecting his "Daddy Tax"


She failed...he got his taxes. 


YUMMY!!!

That night we had the family over for dinner and cake. 


Claire's birthday dinner request was mac and cheese and chicken fingers. Matt and Tori moved in with us while they are building their house. They eat a lot of mac and cheese so that is now Claire's all time favorite food!!! When Uncle Matt shares his lunch with her she thinks she has died and gone to heaven. 


I have so many crossed eyed pictures of Claire. Like I said she is a goofball. 


Cliare picked out all the decorations and cupcake liners for her birthday. She was very into making sure it all matched. 


Opening gifts was challenging. The babies had just had their birthday so they were confused when the gifts weren't for them. She had to keep moving around so she could open her gifts in peace. 






We love you sweet Claire. You are so smart and pick up on things so easily. You love to read and do math. Your favorite thing to play is pretend house. You make the best little mommy. I am always touched by your sweet testimony. At night when you say your prayers I am always in awe at how sincere you are and how you already have a relationship with your Father in Heaven. You light up the room when you enter. You are funny and so easy to love. I can't believe you are one year older. 

I was just yesterday you looked like this...



...and this...



...and this...



...and this!!! Wow I feel old. 


 You have grown up right before our eyes! We love you Claire Bear. Thank you for bringing so much joy to our lives. Happy Happy Birthday to you!






No comments:

Post a Comment