Wednesday, January 21, 2015

December Odds and Ends

One of Claire's Christmas projects was to make a Christmas stocking that represented her likes or interests. She decided to do her motorcycle boot. She was so excited and knew no one would have a stocking like hers. 



My kids always look forward to Nanny's packages for holidays. H ripped his open before Brad and Claire came home and claimed the back window for his clings. 


My favorite decoration this year was my wreath from Freckle Farm. I loved it so much I hung it in the kitchen where I could see it all day. 


I had to run to the school and saw these cute girls on pajama day eating lunch . I love these girlies. 


We had the chance to go to Loaves and Fishes in Logan. We fed the hungry at the First Presbyterian Church. I was amazed at the team of volunteers and generosity of the food donations given. I was humbled by my kids willingness to serve. I will never forget the conversation we had on the way home about gratitude and our abundant blessings. It was a great learning and teaching moment. 


Claire got to serve the bread


Brad got to scoop the ice cream and help people take their plates to the tables. 




I got to do the dishes!


It took me a while this year to get the tree decorated because I had a herniated disc in my back that was bothering me. I literally threw the lights and decorations on and called it good. From far away it didn't look so bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment