Friday, August 23, 2013

Little things I forgot to blog about this summer...



**While Kamie is still working in Salt Lake on the weekends we get to have Reagan occasionally. These two kiddos crack me up. They have such a love hate relationship. 

Reagan is picking out the blueberries to eat and Harrison is picking out the blueberries because he doesn't like them. They are so different in every way. 


I had her overnight a few weeks ago and she came with me to swimming lessons. I had to pin her on my lap because I was terrified she was going to jump in the pool. She was so mad at me. She would wave her finger in my face and say "Jenny...NO!" over and over again. She was determined to get out of my grip. When yelling at me didn't work she started pinching my chin. She was desperate to get down. She didn't give up the whole time. 


**We have still been enjoying Tuesday park day with the neighborhood kids. We went to the Trenton park and all the kids were fascinated by the merry go round. they didn't care at all about the other part of the playground. There was a puddle of mud along the bottom so a bunch of kids went home with muddy bums. 

**Matt and Tori agreed to baby-sit for us so we could go to the Utah Opera Festival Gala. Dinner was amazing and then we got to go to Fiddler on the Roof. 

While we were gone the kids got to go see a movie, eat pizza and have a video game night. Talk about a dream night for the kids. 





We picked them up really late so Tori put them to bed for me. They got to spend the night with Matt's elk spike. 


**I sent the kids out one morning to pick strawberries. They didn't come in for a while so I peeked out the back window and caught them in a rare moment getting along. 





They were eating the strawberries as fast as they were picking them. I could have watched them all day. Too bad it only lasted about 20 minutes.


** Randy has played in billions of golf tournaments this summer. He always sends us random pics of his golfing days.




He even got invited to Park City to golf with Senator Orrin Hatch all day. He was trying to convince Randy to work for him in Washington DC as a lobbyist. 

**This summer has been a huge baseball season. Claire played T-ball, brad played baseball and Randy and I played on a Coed softball team. It made for a really hectic schedule!!! We had games almost every night. 


Lance and Kendra came up for some of Brad's games. Randy's family is so supportive and we love it. Randy's parents came to almost all of the games. They drove all the way from salt lake every week.



Claire started T-ball this year. She has been dying to play like her big brother. She was good. She did get frustrated with the Tee since she is so used to being pitched to at home. It took a little adjustment. 






This is the coed team we played with. Matt and Tori put it together and Todd's company sponsored the team. We wore Titensor Construction shirts. I loved playing. I have not played since High School. Randy and I barely got to play at the end of the season. We were always at our kids games and I broke my toe at the end of the season. So sad!!



** In July Randy and I had the opportunity to go to Martin's Cove with the youth in our stake. We went as Aunt and Uncles. We loved our group of kids. We had a riot. We bonded instantly and felt the spirit so strong there. 




We each had a sign from a game we played. When people would take our picture we would flash our sign. We had some great laughs and even more great spiritual moments with these kids.





Thanks to Kamie for taking our kids for a couple of crazy days so we could go!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment