Thursday, August 22, 2013

24th July Weedend

We went to Salt Lake the weekend before the 24th to attend Grandma Moose's Annual sleepover. The kids had a riot spending time with their cousins. (Pics to come)

The 24th fell on a Tuesday this year so we spent the day together as a family just hanging out and BBQing. 


Harrison wants to do everything that Brad and Claire do. He was thoroughly entertained by the bat and Tee. He was so cute trying over and over to hit the ball. 
  


I mean he was really trying to hit that ball. He had a hard time just holing his little head up with that huge helmet. I could have watched him all day. 



Wyatt was a good helper and retrieved the ball numerous times out of the strawberries. 

Once it got dark we did a couple of sparklers. Last year we had quite the traumatic experience with a firework tipping over and starting our field on fire and having an areal firework shoot at us. The kids were still sheepish about the fireworks. 



 Wyatt didn't even want to hold it. 


 Claire was trying to smile but she was really nervous and didn't move a muscle while holding the sparkler. 


Even Brad was scared. 

Trish and her kids came over to enjoy with us as well.




We sat on the porch while the boys lit the fireworks. I am not going to lie I was anxious and wanted to watch from the safety of the house but I had to be brave for the kids. I was thrilled when the last firework was extinguished and it was over. 


Wyatt just kept his eyes closed the whole time. 


We were happy when it was all over. 


All the kids played on the grass afterward. We then got into a good game of ghost in the graveyard. It was cute to watch the kids play a game that I loved and hated as a kid. I loved playing with my fiends but that game made me so scared I wanted to puke.

That weekend we went to Salt Lake to join the Reimann family in the traditional "Sleep Over" at my mom and dad's house. Before the party started we let the kids play in the water since it was so hot!!!


I love Bean's face in this pic

Dare Devil Whitters


Bean was still nervous



Free spirited Claire


Hanging out with cousins



Corbin and Jake were content just watching. They are not fans of water. 



Harrison felt like such a big boy!!







I didn't get more pics of the night!! Dang it. I was too busy helping my mom with dinner and crowd control. My Mom invited ALL the cousins and Aunts and Uncles. It was a huge party.
The kids slept in the back yard. It reminded me of when I was little. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you let Randy let off fireworks!!! They still terrify me. Love all your new posts, such cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete