Monday, August 25, 2014

Bear Lake...Testing out the new wave runners- Rocky Peak Rentals



Randy started a new business this year with Jason doing recreation rentals. It has been crazy busy getting it started but comes with some great perks. On the way home from the ward camp out we met Jason's family on the North Shore to break in 2 of the fleets new wave runners. The kids loved taking rides with dad but were equally entertained playing in the sand. I could have sat on the beach forever watching my kids be so content and happy.

We decided to go home through Logan Canyon and drop the trailer off near Peter Sinks to reserve a camping spot for the 24th of July since we already had the trailer hitched up. We got to the camp site late and the kids were tired and hungry. We were in a hurry. I thought I was being helpful and decided to help put the trailer jacks down in the back. Randy uses a power drill to put them down instead of a hand crank. I have seen him do it a million times so I thought it would be a piece of cake. I squatted down put the drill on the jack and pulled the trigger. The next thing I knew Randy was over the top of me asking me if I was okay. Apparently the drill got the better of me. It flipped out of my hands and the whole butt of the drill hit me in the side of the head knocking me out. It went through my lip, chipped my teeth, and gave me quite a concussion.




After CT scans 25 stitches and 6 hours in the Emergency Department I was more than ready to get home. Luckily Matt and Tori were home when it happened so they met us at the hospital to take the kids home. Our family is so great. I spent the next two days throwing up and feeling awful. I also spent the next several days feeling really sorry for myself... I hated looking in the mirror at that terrible scar...on my face!!! Looking back now I feel incredibly blessed. It could have been so much worse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment