Monday, May 19, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week 2014

Heather Miller and I volunteered to be on PTA this year. We were in charge of all the teacher luncheons throughout the year which also included teacher appreciation week. I can't even begin to tell you the countless hours that went into the preparation to pull it all off. We included all of the staff at Park Elementary not just the teachers so we had to do everything for 60 people. I have to document this even though it really has nothing to do with my family. I want to remember how much work it takes so I don't agree to do it again. I have to give my family and husband props for putting up with me during all the stress.

We wanted the whole week theme to be baseball. It turned out awesome!!!


This was the banner in the front window. 





We gave them a gift in their mailbox every day... we assigned a mom to put them together for us. They turned out amazing...






Then we wanted to do something special for them each day of the week. 

On Monday we walked around the school with a concessions tray. We got Mr. Jack the principal to dress up in an umpire outfit and pass out concessions. We warmed up soft pretzels and had peanuts and Baby Ruth candy bars. We also had "Take me out to the Ball game" music playing and a concessions banner to hold. It was fun to see the kids expressions as we walked into the rooms. 

I had to work on Monday night so I went completely sleep deprived all day Tuesday. I was exhausted and the week had not even begun. 

On Tuesday we packed them a lunch with sandwiches chips and a baseball cookie. The sugar cookies turned out darling. I loved them. 


On the bag we put this poem. 




On Wednesday we did a full gourmet popcorn bar. Heather and I made 6 double batches of popcorn on Tuesday night. Melissa and Jenni came over for reinforcement...thank goodness they came to help. I would have been up all night. 



We did: snickers, grasshopper mint, hot chocolate with marshmallows, caramel apple pie, monster cookie dough, and cookies and cream. 
I wish I had taken a picture of the table. We set out 6 trifle bowls and make cute thank you bags for them to fill. It looked so cute. 

Thursday we did the luncheon. We did a baseball theme BBQ lunch. 


I hand made the menu poster the night before. I regretted my decision after I started then had to finish it. I was already sleep deprived. What difference did it make???


We made smoked pulled pork and chicken. 




We decorated the room with baseball paraphernalia. 







The week before we had students write letters to the teachers. We covered the walls with their letters. 


On Friday we set out a banana split bar with waffle cone bowls. I forgot to get a picture but it was cute. I was just worn out by Friday. We also drew a raffle with about 20 different gift cards. 

There were some really cute doors that the room mothers did. I was impressed. I was also very disappointed in a few people that said they would do a door and then didn't. Heather and I were scrambling the weekend before to do a couple of doors last minute. It was very frustrating.  I just am a woman of my word and am floored that some people are okay with completely dropping the ball. okay...I am done venting.

Here were some of my favorites. 














This is the banner in the front office... I hope they enjoyed it and felt appreciated.  

We LOVE Park Elementary teachers and staff!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. you guys spoiled them! The year I was on the PTA they never went that big- How AMAZING and CUTE! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete