Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekend in Salt Lake

Randy had tickets to an Aggie football game and had a bunch of stuff to get done to finish up the bathroom downstairs last weekend.  I decided to spend the weekend in Salt Lake. I took Claire and Harrison with me. Brad wanted to stay home with dad to have a "guy weekend"
I'm pretty sure he made the right choice. He loves Aggie games. 



On Friday I met Myrna, Kamie and Kendra at Hogle Zoo. 
It was really fun to watch Harrison. He liked it more than I thought he would. He loved watching all the animals. We had to peel him away from each exhibit. 



Cute Miss K!




I love the Rocky shores exhibit. I could sit and watch the sea lions all day. Even Reagan sat and watched it for a few minutes. That's pretty good for her. 


The bears were being really active. It was fun to watch. 



Claire said her favorite part of the Zoo was the giraffes. I can't wait until they open their new exhibit. The current one is just WAY too small. 




That night my dad offered to watch my kids so I could go to the Haunted Forrest with my siblings. Steven plans to go every year because he likes to take mom. We all go because we LOVE to hang out with Steven. 





Kari and I


Scary Faces!!!


Crazy Faces!!!

After the haunted house we went to IHOP for some hot chocolate. 




Saturday morning we took the kids to Garner Village to see the witch displays. 


Again we had to peel Harrison away from each display. I couldn't get him to follow me he wanted to stay at each one. He didn't believe me that there was more to see. 



My favorite part was when we got to go to the bakery to pick out a yummy treat. 


The hot chocolate literally tasted like melted candy bars. It was so rich and yummy. 




Harrison destroyed his pumpkin cookie. 


After a while Harrison got sick of pictures and started yelling at the camera. 


He just wanted to look around without posing. 


Still mad about the pictures. 





Saturday night my parents watched the kids so I could go to dinner and Thriller at Kingsbury Hall. I look forward to it every year. I just love it. I get chills the second the curtain opens. Thanks Tori for arranging this fun night. 


This year it was Jenni, Tori and I. (Kamie met us for dinner, she had to work)

On Sunday I went to church with my parents. My dad smoked salmon for dinner. It was so delicious. Steven and Kari came and ate with us. We ate so much fish. It was ridiculously good. I think I had thirds...okay fourths. Then we played a trivia game that made me feel VERY un-smart. I am so bad at trivia. 

It was a fun packed weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment