Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter Morning 2014

Easter morning the kids got up early and crawled into bed with us. Church is at 11:00 this year so we had some time in the morning to not be rushed. We read the story of the atonement and resurrection from the scriptures as a family. My kids impressed me this year with how engaged they were with the story. 


I found these cute Easter tins. I wanted them to write a letter to the Savior like we do at Christmas. Instead of giving him a gift I wanted them to write him a thank you letter. It was sweet to watch them write  their feelings about the atonement. I couldn't believe how mature and thoughtful they were. I was very touched.


When they finished up their letters we gave them their Easter baskets while Randy and I went outside to hide candy filled eggs. 


Brad got a tennis racket. Last summer we (the adults) went to the park a lot in the evenings to play tennis. Brad has been begging for one ever since. 


Claire got a basketball. She was tired of using Brad's and she needed her own. 


H got a little basketball too. 


All ready to hunt for eggs. 






Wyatt was out hunting for his eggs at the same time. He was so cute and wanted H to come find some of his eggs. 




Love these boys. 


I made breakfast while the kids rummaged through the spoils. When I walked into the living room they were pretend cracking the plastic eggs and emptying them into a bowl. H was just giggling. It was cute. 



H all dressed up in his new tie. So handsome. 


Happy Easter from our little PEEPS. 

After church we had ham, cheesy potatoes and rolls. Then we spent the afternoon hanging out as a family.
 It was a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment