Thursday, June 27, 2013

Weekend in Salt Lake

The kids and I went to Salt Lake this last weekend. Randy rented a tractor to dig our our RV pad so we decided to take off while he was busy working. 

On Saturday we went to my mom's Gailey family reunion. My uncle Mike rented out a whole snow cone truck after lunch. It was a fun and cute idea. We all got unlimited snow cones and flavors. We then listened to a recording of my Grandpa Gailey's voice. He was speaking at a youth fireside about his gunshot accident. It was good to hear his voice again. 

Saturday night Kirsten agreed to babysit and I went to dinner with my parents and Eric and Natalie. I must have needed a night out because I had a TON of fun. We went to the Pie Pizzeria. They had a live band that was amazing. Eric and I probably made a fool out of ourselves because we sang along with every song. The loud music was driving my mom crazy. It was just like old times!

We promised the kids a movie night party if they were good while we were gone. We bought a bunch of junk food laid out a bunch of blankets at grandma's and we watched a movie until midnight. Even Harrison got to stay up late. 

Sunday my dad smoked an amazing beef brisket. Kari, Steven, Aaron and Lisa came over for dinner. We relaxed ate and played card games. 

On Monday Natalie and I braved Seven Peaks. I didn't have my camera with me so Rochelle snapped the only picture of the day. The kids stopped just long enough to eat lunch.


We drove straight home after the water park. We were pooped from the jam packed weekend. Plus we really missed Randy.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm finally here! I love the updates and I'm soooo glad Randy didn't have a replay of last year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a really fun time seeing you at the reunion Jenny! I can't believe how big your kids have gotten. They are all adorable and you look great!! :)

    ReplyDelete